Wednesday, July 15, 2015

28 May - Bangkok Day 1/7 (Mrs Ann Restaurant, Boat Noodle Rroi)


LOL this was the first thing we ate when we reached Bangkok.
We were at the air port and saw family mart so I grabbed it when I saw it.
It's damn good btw and the seaweed is still crispy cos of the packaging.

Silly face.


We had lotsa time to spare before we could check in.
Took a train to Ratchaparut station.

Saw a random thai stall and decided to have lunch there.
It's just beside the train tracks at Ratchaparut station.
We were at Mrs Ann Restaurant.


I had their chicken basil rice.
Not the usual minced meat for this dish but it was really good.
Mrs Ann used lean chicken meat.
I really liked this!

Bb's garlic chicken rice.
This was really good too.

Lol.
He had really big feet btw.

Their tom yum seafood was really good too!
I only had one bowl cos I was so full and Merv didn't want any.
(-_-) He only told me he didn't want after I ordered......
This was a large bowl.

Still had a lot of time to spare so we went to Indra Square's Black Canyon Coffee.
I forgot what Merv had, but it was pretty yummy.
I had the one on the right.
Iced Mocha.
Bangkok was also the place that made me fall in love with mocha!!
i would always order a latte, but now I'm in search of the best mocha.

Coffeebean's mocha is horrible.
Too sweet. I guess Starbucks would be the same.
Costa coffee's mocha is decent and I like it.
Haha pls tell me where has nice ICE Mocha.

He always leaves abit of shit for me to laugh at.
Such a messy eater lol.

Finally could check in.
Btw we stayed at Ideo Verve Condo (At Ratchaprarop)!
It's a new building so it's really cool. 
There is a supermart downstairs and there is even a mini kitchen with chefs displaying cooked thai food from morning till night.

REALISED WE DIDN'T TAKE PHOTOS OF THE PLACE.
So stupid.
It's a small place and only has a room, 1 bathroom, 1 mini kitchen and a small living room + balcony.
Good enough and very clean.
We got the place via Airbnb.
Saved a lot since we had a 7 days stay in Bangkok.
Plus we don't swim and don't need breakfast and all so we decided to airbnb.

Got this from the supermarket downstairs the condo.
NATOOOO.
We had this almost every morning.
So good!!!!

On hot hot steamed rice.
We bought the rice separately.

Saw this and wanted to try it as well.

Haha looks nothing much but it's quite nice.
Creamy cheesy spinach.

Ready to head out.

BUT FIRST MUST SELFIE FIRST.
THE SUN SO GOOD WHY WASTE IT.


hahah wtf is he a rapper.
More like wrapper.


We walked out of the condo and saw this congee shop.
SO GLAD WE WALKED IN BECAUSE IT WAS REALLY GOOD.
Nothing extremely special but it just feels so homey and it was really delicious.

Shared a bowl.
There was century egg, a chicken egg, pork minced meat, marinated shiitake, meat balls.
And it's congee! Cooked for hours until it becomes pulp.
Hehe I like that instead of those rice grainey kind. If u get what I mean????

They also have fried wanton skins and rice pops to add to the congee.

Then we followed the smell of beef noodles.
This was right opposite the porridge shop.
The smell really filled the air. 
I'm so sad I can't read thai omg.
Can't give you a proper address.



Yummmm.


It was super hot........

Scroll down for Part 2!


At Platinum Mall Food court.
Merv love this!! Haha.
Look Choop = Thai Mung Bean Marzipan.

Walked in and saw this little boat noodles shop.
It is a shop itself and it is underrated.
So cheap and pretty good.

Boat Noodle Rroi @ Platinum Mall Food court.


Had some guava.
I was so full and needed something for my indigestion.
(-_-) Merv la.
Eat like one pig.

HEHE iced mocha again from the same place.
They have a cafe inside that restaurant called Caffé Muan Chon.
Yummy!
I love how the thai's mocha are slightly more bitter.
It's nice.

He had the boat noodles.
I was too full.

HEHE.

Ok from my phone.

Thai boat noodles.

Thai Coconut Pudding dessert.
This was so good!
It's a a really small portion and we didn't want to try it at first but the staff placed it at our table and since it was really cheap, we were like why not?

On top is a layer of coconut custard and below is like a kaya pandan, filling.
SO GOOD AND SO CREAMY.

AND THEIR CHIN CHOW.
Scroll up and u can see the it.
It's really yummy too!!
The grass jelly, unlike the silky soft kind is chewy in texture.
I can't explain it but it was damn shiok.



So many kitties!

We ate this very often the prev time we were here in Bangkok.
It's just beside The Berkeley Hotel Pratunam.
Used to like it a lot but this time when we were here, it tastes abit different.


With the cook :) 
He's so cutie.




Fried chicken skin.
I was too full so only Merv had it haha.

Played with the cats again hehe it's just behind the wanton place.
Belongs to a hair salon shop.
You can read my prev bangkok post to see the cats too hehe.
(here)


THIS KITTY WAS ADORABLE.
It kept grabbing my neck to kiss me.
SO UNREAL HEHE.


The cats were all tied up..
So weird..
Only when they close shop then they bring all the cats in.


Manja cat.


Lol.

HAHA WE FOUND TOKYO BANANA IN THEIR 7-ELEVEN STORES.
HAHAHAH.
So I guess it's Thai Banana.
It tastes like the real deal though and much cheaper lol.
Next time just buy this will do.

So yummyyyy.

Hehe and that's it for Bangkok trip day one.
Will come back to post.
So sorry that I haven't been updating my blog.
I've been lazy and tired and just rather be a couch potato.
I fell sick so I didn't make it to work and have too much time to spare today lol..

No comments:

Post a Comment